Friday, February 22, 2008

Blessed to have a "Better Person"


I think it's a rare occasion that a daughter or son, in their teenage years, values their relationship with their mother. With this, I think I am an exception to this stereotype. There is nothing too wishy washy about my mother and I, I just love the way she handles an everyday situation. Fighting girls in highschool, the typical drama: this is what Mary Beth Murray(my mother) responds to best.. by doing the exact opposite. She would never throw herself into my buisness or my average high school encounters. Whereas OTHER mothers try to live through their children, and act as though they are children. They feel the need to treat others with disrespect even though they are an adault. I have learned through personal experiences that elders are to be treated as elders, if they act like elders, and even so I chose not to disrespect them, only to prove their own foolishness. Anyway, the situations that I describe here are all things my mom would never, ever do. Her daughter could be embrassed, threatened and harassed at times, and she would still treat the other mother with respect, and the other mothers CHILDREN with respect. She is a living example of the 'better person' and my siblings and I are blessed for that.

10 comments:

MemphisKell said...

Very nice. I wonder what "other" mother you are talking about. JK

Kathleen said...

hahahaa! anonymous.
or in richelle's case:
an-o-nim-us

Katherine said...

I know! I know! haha But i also think that when you were in your earlier teen years you did immature things which created the initiative of that mother to be overprotective (as i would call it). You know what i mean? I think we should look at both sides of the situation. Not saying i take either sides, i'm just an outsider looker in. I thought it was appropriate to post my opinion.: )

Kathleen said...

im not sure harassment and threatening children while you're 40 something is qualified as over-protective, its simply being immature, and for that matter... border line phsyco, thanks for your opinion tho!

Katherine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lizayouloveit said...

My mom and I are like best friends too. She doesn't get way over involved in my life which I like because I'm willing to open up to her more. We talk all the time and I can't see me living a day without her, I love this blog topic and its funny but I was actually thinking about writing one for my mom one day too, so I was glad to come across one =]

Kathleen said...

thanks liza! :-)

lizayouloveit said...

you are welcomeeeeeeee =]

StephyMarie said...

haha funny times=) speaking of one instance i just saw this particular mother tonight!

hayleyyy said...

ahhaha i love krieg's comment.